Waiting for Decisions

I wish things would not take so long….or I would be able to make a decision. The one conditional offer for a PT PhD that I received is asking me to dedicate two working days a week to the PhD but realistically that is only possible if I give up my current job. There is no way I will be able to reduce my working week from 5 to 3 days.

There are options: 1. I give up work and do the PhD full-time. That requires money I don’t have and from the way our conversation went today my husband is not prepared to support his way of action. 2. I give up my current job and try to find a part-time job while studying part-time. I have no idea if that is even feasible as part-time work in my line of work is very rare. 3. I get another offer from a different university that stipulates no time requirements – I have asked for updates from Warwick and the OU but have not heard since. But being honest, I don’t want to do a PT PhD while working full-time, I don’t see why I should and it would severely increase the probability of me not finishing due to lack of time and focus.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: